14. März 2009

I feel a little bit cheated by the first part of the Battlestar Galactica finale "Daybreak". Why? Flashbacks. For no apparent reason the episode was full of flashbacks of the characters' lives before the Cylon attack. To me, they seemed just random and unconnected and if that doesn't change in the second part I will be very much upset. There must be a reason, because I trust Ronald D. Moore enough. Even though I don't know what he is pulling off right now.

I hope the flashes won't cut into the action and I hope the finale will hold up to the expectations. Right now I feel I watched only half an episode. The 2-hour episode will be the last of Battlestar Galactica we will ever get to see (The movie "The Plan" is actually unconnected from the plot lines happening right now), so it'd better be good. I won't accept half an episode next time. So please show us, that the flashbacks are connected somehow or that they pay off when the last line of script is spoken.

But actually I got exactly what I was expecting, the decission to pursue Hera and the preparation for that. The execution of Adama's speech and the choices all of the characters was great. All of that leads to next week. I cross my fingers. I don't feel excited like I was after the first mutiny episode. I was biting my nails of to know how it ends. But today I'm calm. I don't want to get to the end, I want the end coming to me. Do I make sense? More than the flashbacks, it seems.

I have enjoyed and embraced Battlestar for the last half of a decade, so it has to be worth the time. Please.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen